Sign in to follow this  
walleyejgr

lamiglas exel

looking at a lamiglas excel 7' m/l or 7' m for a pflueger arbor 7430 spinning reel opinions please mainly will be fishing the river and spillway tryin to get my first smallie

my brother just got the 7'3 lamiglas excel and it seems real heavy to me.. i own one lamiglas rod the SR 765R 7'6" its my deep crankin rod and its a little heavy to but its a fiberglass rod so thats normal other than that i they are a great rod company.. give falcon a look

I have both the XL703S and the XL704S and both are dedicated to small mouth work.  Go with the 703 for sure.  The 702 is more of a drop shot action.  I use the 703 for tubes, grubs and light draggin with #8 Yozuri on a President.   By the way, I used my Excel 734C to throw Traps all day yesterday and it's not heavy.

trust me compared to my falcon and loomis rods the excel rods are heavy..

for a little bit more money you could get a falcon and i promise you will not be disappointed 

I have 2 Excels and really like them... nice quality rod with good sensitivity. I haven't notice them being "heavy" compared to others at the same price point.

i've spent time handling most models in the excel line. the 7-foot and under rods feel light and balanced but the 7'3" models do feel tip-heavy to me...it was immediately noticeable.