Sign in to follow this  
bpNClgmouth

Opinions on a possible new purchase...

Before I begin, this is post on Quantum reels, and I know alot of guys are diehard Shimano users, but just looking for suggestions.  Really considering ordering one of the new Quantum REAX reels 6:6:1. I like the hybrid ratio, and the increased line capacity makes it good for several applications.  I was thinking maybe buzzbaits and buzzfrogs.  What applications do you think would work best?

Have you done any research on the reel?

I like quantum reels for the most part but I always try to research the reel first before buying one, no matter who makes the reel I try to look for a source other than the company that produces the product that way you get an unbiased opinion.

As far as applications go that is really what a specific reel is for as far as the hybrid is concerned it should be a well rounded reel but as for myself I like the 6to1 for general fishing and a 7to1 to locate where I am burning the water trying to locate an area or cover a lot of water in a very short time so I can start establishing a pattern.

I'm a Quantum fan myself and think the reel would work great for the application you suggested if the rod you are using is also part of the equation. Since the reel is new there will probably be feedback on both Bass Pro and Cabelas from previous purchasers either good or bad. Sure there are other sites where u can get feedback as well. Good Luck with it if u make the purchase and sure others will chime in as well.