Sign in to follow this  
Guest beowulfx71

avid AC62MXF

Guest beowulfx71

I am assuming this is a topwater rod-who owns one and what do you use it for(looking to use St Croixs upgrade program to go from from premiers to avids). Also interested in their 5'9" MXF spinning rod-does it have enough backbone to be a dock skipper?

I have the same blank but in a baitcaster. St Croix rods are known for having plenty of backbone. I think it would make a great skipping rod. I also think it would be the right rod for weightless soft plastics, lipless cranks as well as top waters. Many may say that 6'2" is to short for the baits I listed but I know of old school fisherman that only use 6' rods and out-fish 99% of the guys on the lake. I'm starting to think we fisherman put too much thought into our equipment and should concentrate how we fish instead.  JMHO

I use it for topwaters and also for hard jerkbaits when I'm fishn from a jonboat, or the shore. Yes it has PLENTY of backbone, it feels like a MH when the fight is on. Something fun about fightin a big fish on a small rod. ;D