Sign in to follow this  
cufishin

Trilene Maxx???

I just ordered a spool of Trilene Maxx in 15lb, getting ready for a trip to Ontario where we fish in a lot of cover. I read a few reviews on the site I ordered from and it sounded good and I've been happy with most Trilene/Berkley stuff I've purchased.

Now I'm reading some of the reviews on BPS site and it seems I may have made a mistake.

So my 2 questions are:

Has anyone used this yet and what did you think?

and,

Is it worth the effort to try and change an online order or return this stuff for exchange after I get it?

It,s very tough line and managable. I used it on my spinnerbait rod and loved it. The line seems alittle large in diameter. I pulled in a 36" musky on 10# maxx with no problems.I now use BPS exel mono for the price, but maxx is good stuff!

Some of the reviewers on BPS said that the 12lb and under stuff was good but anything bigger than that was really thick and had too much memory, other folks loved it. I always take those reviews with a grain of salt because some of bad reviews are probably "operator error". It's just hard to tell who is who on there sometimes.

I was hoping to get some feedback from a group with a little higher overall competence level.

Oh, nice job on the Muskie!!!

worst line ive ever used there is way too much memory got 10# i threw it out and got trilene xl