Sign in to follow this  
oprcsr

New spinning rod

My 15 year old Daiwa spinning rod broke in my last time out so I'm semi looking for a new one (Will use my baitcasting rod for now). Due to finances I'm looking for something around 60 bucks or under, so no real super rods. I'd like to be able to use it to throw most of my lures, ranging from weightless slug-gos to swimbaits (Smaller ones, 1 ounce or so).

Any thoughts? I've seen some recommendations for Berkley Lightening or Shimano Voltaeus rods. Also have a Gander Mountain and a Bass Pro close if their store brands aren't bad.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the bionic blade rods are on sale right now.

there deceint rods for the sale price (50$) you might want to look around on E-bay, I would by New thow I've been taken buyin used on there! :-[  The Lightning rods are hard to beat for the money thow!! I still use a 6' spin to skip under docks and I have alot of Top-end rods.

i just picked up a Team Daiwa Tiera spinning rod for $55 a couple weeks ago... MHF 7'

i really like it....

so maybe you can stick with Daiwa..

I think with an extra 20 bucks you can pick up a Carbonlite at BPS.  I've really enjoyed using mine.  The Bionic Blade that Fishohio mentioned is also a decent rod.

There are plenty of rods that will serve you well at $60 or less. I think a rod with M or MH power and fast action, 6'6" or 7', will handle most lures well, at least they do for me.

Everyone is going to poo poo my recommendation, but It's a good rod for the price. Check out the Ugly Stik Lite. I would go with the 6'6" MH just because the 6' M is mor like a ML. Also Allstar Select rods are good for the money.