Sign in to follow this  
wareagle83

Picked up Citica / Prodigy tonight. Looking good so far :)

Stopped into Cabelas tonight and picked up the Citica 200E after deciding to go with Shimano over the Garcia Revo series. Positive reviews on both sides, but have always wanted a Shimano reel, so I pulled the trigger. I'm pretty experienced with a casting reel, and am wondering where I should start out as far as the VBS system and weights are concerned. It looks as if 3 on and 3 off are the default setting. I think I should be fine with 2. Can I see any noticeable casting diff. with 2 rather than the stock 3 setup? Also, do you guys prefer to turn the weights off, or completely remove them? Also, in the ON position I noticed you can have the weights right past the first clip, or actually pushed to the end of the slide. I suspect that they end up there anyway, due to the force of casting. Prodigy rod was 50% off and so far I really like it. I'm def. not a gear snob but didn't want the standard ugly stick $30 rod, so I went middle of the road and am very pleased with the feel and look of the rod. The Citica and Prodigy match up well, and look great. Will test the combo out this weekend with 12LB. Stren Mono and see how everything goes. ;)

post-13258-13016292863_thumb.jpg

post-13258-130162928639_thumb.jpg

I just bought a Shimano Citica today as well, but it won't be here for a little while. Let me know what you think of the reel! I am using mine as a top water reel. Hopefully it will get the job done. I paired mine on a Shimano Rod 6'6

I suspect that they end up there anyway, due to the force of casting.  

Yes, that's the point of a centrifugal braking system.

Very true Tog, lol.  Looking back, I think I worded that wrong, haha.  I know your a big Shimano guy, what settings would you recommend for the internal weights?

i started with 2 on when i first started to learn to use a BC (citica D). now i stay with only 1 on unless im casting into strong wind.