Sign in to follow this  
triglet

knot / hook help please

ok so here is the problem i have recently acquired.  thought i would get some advice from you guys on what to do.  this only happens with braided line. never fluoro.  and only with worm hooks and so far it doesnt matter the brand of hook.  the trouble im having is when setting the hook or fighting the fish somehow the braid slips out of the hook eye.  so my question is how do i remedy this???  i love the braid and dont want to switch but im tired of losing fish and having to retie.  braid is power pro 30lb hooks have been eagle claw, gammy, bps.... tried several hooks and end up with the same thing eventually.  so any ideas guys?

also knots have been improved clinch knot and palomar knot.  same thing happens no matter the knot..  and knots are still intact when i reel the line in.

Simple fix. When you use the superlines that are 8# mono diameter or less, Tie a piece of mono to the hook, cut off the tag ends and slide that knot around to the gap, Then tie on your superline. The mono knot will keep the superline away from the gap so it can't slip out.

The larger wire hooks don't seem to have that happen like the smaller wire hooks.

An alternative is to try a drop of supeglue on the hookeye/knot after tying, but it doesn't hold very long.

If you don't do either, when Tx rigging, put the hook in deep enough to bury the hook eye about 1/8", the bait will hold the line away from the gap.

An additional rigging is to snell the hook which puts the knot on the hook shaft so any slipping that occurs will put the knot in the eye.

thanks wayne.  i think im gonna try and tie the mono on them and then put superglue there as an additive lol.  these are 4 and 5/0 gammy hooks that have done it. and its been anything from dinks to 5 lbers.   fingers crossed this will work cause i really like the braid.