Sign in to follow this  
Boogey Man

Pinnacle Perfecta Tournament Class rod review

I just received this rod yesterday. Here's the specs:

7ft. heavy power, fast action

Recommended techniques: spinnerbait, buzzbait, frog, casting worm and casting jig

Lure weight 3/8 to 1-1/4 oz

Line weight 12-25lb.

Fuji ACS reel seat

Fuji Alconite guides, 10 total.

It has a Texas rig hook keeper, the handle is split grip cork. These rods also feature a lifetime warranty. The guide wraps (thread and epoxy) are clean and even, no lumps or over runs. I don't have a scale to measure it, but as far as weight, this rod feels as light or lighter than some shorter rods I've used.

Now for the fishing. I put a BPS Carbonlite reel spooled with 14lb mono. on it and headed to a nearby pond. The first lure I used was a 6 inch Texas rig worm with a 3/16oz tungsten sinker. Sensitivity was great. Even on a long cast, I could feel the 'gills munching on my worm. I ended up catching 5 on the worm and 7 more on a buzzbait. The biggest one was about 15 inches.

This rod has a lot of backbone. I think as far as spinnerbaits, this rod would excel at 1/2oz and heavier. I think worms and jigs is where this rod will really shine. With the Carbonlite reel which weighs 6.7oz, the rod balances well. I plan to experiment with different reels to get a feel for which one balances the best.

Pinnacle1 says these rods will retail at $144.99-169.99 and I'd say for this quality of rod you'd get a lot of bang for your buck. I hope to try it again this weekend (weather permitting) and will post more then.

I think Pinnacle has a winner and I hope people will give these rods a chance. It's always a win/win when we as anglers are given more choices for great products at great prices.

Had chance to use this rod again last night. I caught 9 on a buzzbait. Nothing big, the biggest was about 14 inches. I was using a 1/4 buzzbait, which was a little light for this rod but casting distance was still great. I also caught a couple on a wacky rigged Dinger. I am extremely impressed with rod. It's a light, well made rod. I was going to post pics but SoFlaBassAddict beat me to it:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1276219191