Sign in to follow this  
Nibbles

Advice on Setup

So far, this is the setup I'm planning. I'd love some critique on it, so I can figure out whether I need to change anything.

1.All Purpose Setup: Daiwa Zillion 6.3 + Daiwa Cielo 6'6 MHF + 40# Sufix Braid

Baits: 1/4 - 3/8 oz Ball Head Finesse Jigs, Bullet Weighted T-Rigs, Jerkbaits (I absolutely HATE losing these, so I'd rather throw them on braid unless it kills the action), Lipless Cranks, Everything Else 3/8 - 1/2 oz. Basically this setup is for when every other one has something tied on and I want a quick switch, or when I want to throw 2 baits of the same type and need 2 rods for that. Contemplating Dropshotting with a heavier(around 3/8-3/4 oz) Jig as the dropshot weight with this setup.

2. Light Bait Setup: Daiwa Fuego 6.3 + Falcon Lowrider XG MHXF 6'7 Weightless Worm Special + 10# Yozuri Hybrid

Baits: 1/8-1/4 oz Shakey Heads, 1/8-1/4 oz Finesse Weedguarded Jigheads (Jig + Wacky Worm, Jig + Beaver, Jig + Tube, etc.), Weightless Plastics, Keel weighted plastic swimbaits

3.Flipping/Jig/C-Rig Setup: 2009 Revo STX + Kistler 7' HF + YoZuri Hybrid Ultrasoft 15#

Baits: 3/8 - 1 oz. Football and Arkie Jigs, Flipping Bulletweighted Craws + Creatures, C-Rigged Plastics, Weedless Frogs

4. Finesse Setup: Japanese Daiwa Fuego 2000 + Quantum Superlight 7'4 MHF + 6# YoZuri Hybrid

Baits: Dropshots, 1/16-1/8 oz. Jigs, Darterheads, Grubs, Splitshot Rigs, Wacky 3" and 4" senkos

5.Cranking/Spinnerbait Setup: Shimano Curado 100D + Berkley Bionix 6'6 MHF (Feels WAY more like a Moderate action since the tip is not even CLOSE to being flexible enough for a fast rating) + 15# YoZuri Ultrasoft

Baits: Spinnerbaits, Lipless Cranks, Crankbaits, Poppers, Buzzbaits, Spooks

I do want to point out a couple things about myself though:

1. I've yet to get tired wrists or forearms from fishing. I lift weights 3-5 times a week, and the majority of my exercises incorporate forearms and wrists, so that probably explains it.

2. I don't like losing hard baits, so I tend to throw them on braid. Especially jerkbaits since they tend to be expensive.

3. I'm a slow fisherman. I almost never burn baits - I grew up fishing for carp a lot so I guess the patience and preference for fishing slow is just a quirk that carried over from that.

**4. Finesse Setup: Japanese Daiwa Fuego 2000 + Quantum Superlight 7'4 MHF + 6# YoZuri Hybrid**

Just a quick comment here. Have you already got the Quantum Superlite? I had the 7'4" MH/XF for my worm/jig setup, before I lost it overboard.

Now I have a 7'3" Powell Max, medium, extra-fast with a Shimano Sonora 2500. I guess I love my present set-up way more than the old one. The superlite felt tip heavy. The powell is very balanced and a bit lighter, too. Also, I have 6# dia braid on it.

Yep, I already got the superlight. It's still quite an upgrade from the old 2 pc Shakespeare I was using before.  ;D