Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Kistler Micro Magnesium Casting Rods

I think they are on sale at cabelas , sorry I couldn't help you out more.

Haha yea thats why I'm asking! But thanks for the heads up

i picked up the 7'0" MH F a few months ago. i bought it based on the strength of tackletour's review on it. and, admittedly, i thought the green color would look kickin' with a a curado E mounted on it (and it does). however, i have only used it twice and am unsure what to make of it. the guides are so tiny that i literally have to put on my glasses to thread the line through (a big pain in the butt for me). the first time out, i wasn't sure about how well my alberto knot would flow through the guides but the second time out, i found it wasn't a problem. i think because i have so many rods and have started specializing so much that a general purpose 7-foot MH rod just doesn't find any use with me.

I tried one out not long ago.  I learned that I wasn't really a fan of micro guides.  I was constantly cleaning those tiny guides when they would get filled with strands of grass.  I was using braid.  With a standard guide I didn't have any problems with it.  It didn't feel like a bad rod, it was very comfortable to use. I was using the 7' H.  If I see one at a decent price I may give it another whirl around the block.

I tried one out not long ago. I learned that I wasn't really a fan of micro guides. I was constantly cleaning those tiny guides when they would get filled with strands of grass. I was using braid. With a standard guide I didn't have any problems with it. It didn't feel like a bad rod, it was very comfortable to use. I was using the 7' H. If I see one at a decent price I may give it another whirl around the block.

You might want to take advantage of the Cabelas deal.

$180 rod for $130 - $20 for spending over $120= $110

Not too shabby 8-)

I would be all over that if I didnt just buy an HTC EVO today