Sign in to follow this  
Bionicman

Carolina Lunker Sauce

Has anyone tried this?  Got some as a gift for Christmas in Crawfish and Threadfin Shad scent and was wondering if it is any good?

I'm sure it works just fine...I see a lot of anglers using it.  I just prefer garlic oil, but all scents will serve the same purpose of covering up unwanted odors, and I feel may buy me an extra second to set the hook.

I have used Carolina Lunker Sauce in the garlic scent. Whooooooooweeeeee...that stuff stinks to high heaven. Your lures will stink of it for quite sometime. However...I PREFER Megastrike. It is easily applied to ANY bait, requires very little to be effective, comes in a convenient tube like toothpaste, and since it is a gel stays on baits longer in the water than any other scent. Now...I will say that I believe the term "fish attractant" is a misnomer for these types of products. None of these products are gonna attract fish to you...you still have to locate the fish and coax them into biting. They are really used for scent masking as The_Natural pointed out. BUT, with Megastrike being a gel, it creates a coating over the lure which the bass MAY hold on to a second or so longer giving you a little wee bit more time to set the hook. Here is a link to their website that has more info. (PS to Mods: if it isn't OK for me to post that website then I apologize and will remove it accordingly.)

http://www.megastrike.com/