Sign in to follow this  
gordon

Beltzville

Howdy fellow fisher folk!

My son and I want to get the boat out and see what's biting.

Anyone familiar with Beltzville Lake?  I'm wandering what it's like now.  Is it too earlier in the season too expect much?

Thanks for any tips.

Well I answered my own question.  The water was too cold at about 50 degrees.  Beltzeville is pretty tough anyway and we didn't see anything that resembled fish.  We had a good father-son outing nonetheless.

I haven't fished it yet this year, but I spoke to my neighbor this evening and he said his son took his new boat there yesterday.  Seems they didn't catch anything.  That's about all I know so far.  If it reaches the mid 70's next weekend, I have to try and get there.

I have been there 6 trips in the last 3 weeks. Got skunked the first time today. It is slow. I found some pigs the second week. My dad got a 5lb lm and I picked up a 6.5. All the others have been 15-17 inch fish. The temp today was 50 degrees at noon. I caught the fish in 48 degree water. I am just learning it for spring time this year. I can target fish consistently USUALLY in the summer.

Hi Zel.  Good to hear from you.  Actually I was using the maps that you were kind enough to share with  me a year or so ago.  I was talking to a couple of guys and they said it was the first time in with the new boat.  Wonder if it was your friends son?

Robby. That's awesome.  I guess I was wrong about the water temp being the problem.

Mind sharing where you were finding them?

I was catching them on a steep drop from 4ft down to 12 with a lot of wood, but I couldn't find them last trip.