Sign in to follow this  
ReelDirtyGirl

moving to northern jersey...

I just want to say hi and introduce myself. Names Kaitlin and i love to fish...  I have lived in florida for the past 4 years and really got into bass fishing in the last year or so. I'm not so great with artificials but I am trying to learn. I usually grab a dozen shiners or so and head for the lakes around where I live.  

Since I am moving up north I am not really sure about the whole small mouth scene or fishing in Jersey for that matter. Any tips/pointers and or places to fish would be greatly appreciated! I will be living in Northern NJ...just outside NYC but can travel where ever I need to go to catch some fish!

I usually fish with my Bass Pro Shops Lady Lite rod (6'6" two piece Medium IM6) with matching 4 bearing reel BUUUT in an unfortunate accident it was snapped in half  :'( SO now I am using rods brought along by others and would like some input on what I should get next!

Well enough of my babbling....Id love to hear from you guys!!

Welcome, check your PMs, i'll send you a list of some of my honey holes...just keep em to yourself!

I use to live in the Bayonne/Jersey City area.  Now I live in southern IN.  If this is the area you're talking about, let me know.  I have a few places you can go.  Also if you are willing to fish the hudson river, you can catch some big strippers in Bayonne.  If you're maining talking fresh water, you'll have to drive south alittle.

hey North Jersey has some great lakes.  In Wayne there is Lake ramapo along with others.  I don't know any spots really still learning myself.  But off 78 there is Spruce Run ,  Round Valley, and Merrill Creek.