Sign in to follow this  
lv2fish

Cayuga Lake NY

I love fishing cayuga, the bass in my avatar are actually part of a big bag I caught on cayuga in a team bass tournament.

I lived in watkins glen in the finger lakes my entire life until this spring when I had to move to Mass for a job.

The last two years on cayuga have been phenomenal, you cant go wrong fishing the deep weedlines around frontenac island, every point with weeds on it from Wells college up can be great but it seems like every tournament is won by someone fishing deep weeds from farleys point by the island in union spring up through the barge channel that runs through the north end weedbed.

by July the fish will be postspawn and back out deep, my best all around bait for cayuga is a weightless blue pearl senko on a long cast and letting it sink forever or carolina rig it to get it down to the fish, the bass in cayuga will be down 12-20ft in the summer...dark colored jigs and grape worms are also very good out there, as well as spinnerbaits with a clear/flash skirt and big willowleaf blades.

hope that helps a bit

:D

That helps a lot thank you.  My parents have a boat at Castellis Marina, so i will be going out from there.  I think there is also some kind of park next to it i can launch from.