Sign in to follow this  
Bass Bass Bass

Lake Champlain

I am going to be heading up to Lake Champlain (Ticonderoga) to fish Friday through Sunday.  I was wondering if any one can give me a heads up as to what conditions to expect?

Thanks for the input, needless to say I am very excited for the trip....Friday can't come fast enough!!!  

i was up in plattsburgh/rouses point area this past thursday-sunday...watch the wind/weather reports - lake seems to be up a little bit - i heard 22lbs won for the BFL tourney down there this past weekend - i fished up north for smallies with a few bonus larries - my thumbs are raw

I did not fish this weekend, but a friend of mine just fished the BFL on Saturday.  He said the water was just like coffee from all the rain we have had.  A large majority of the top weights were from people that ran up north to fish smallies on beds.  They are predicting rain showers most of the week, but nothing too heavy so hopefully the water will clear up some by the weekend.  My club is having a tournament out of Larabee's Point (across from Ti on VT side) on Saturday.

Good luck to you, that Ti Launch is going to be crowded.  There is supposed to be another tournament out of there this weekend as well.

Thanks, best of luck to you as well.

Love to know how the 6am launch went.

We were there both days at 4:45 and was very light. We were on the water by 5:15 all days we were there.

We fished just around the ti point, over near the Bar along the road. Smashed them on top.

Wind picked up and we headed out of Whitehall, and went under the road bridge, and drifted the major weed mats on the right. We nailed them each time there. Frogs on top. We'd go in on plane, stop, and let the wind drift us through the mats....then repeat. We got lot's of pike bites as well, but it was fun.. Buddy got a 5 lb 3oz, and I got a 4 lb. 4 oz. Nice fish.

The wind really shut us down this trip, but heading out of Whitehall, and fishing the slop was a blast.

Pics to follow.

Most fish on the slop were caught on 50lb braid, and yum frogs, and (my favorite) Gambler Cane Toads(White/Black).

Love to see pics, and hear stories from your trip or tournaments.

****Thought we'd hit Whitehall Saturday morning, but surprised to see an FLW  event .....so much for the "ramp to our selves".

That's why we try to do Weekdays...early, so we aren't as jammed up with tournament and pre-fishing guys.

Either way, Loved the yearly trip to Champlain.  

Jamie