Sign in to follow this  
M1966

Help

Hi all.

My 8yr old daughter is new to this and I haven't fished since I was a teen, so.... I'm looking for ideas on decent spots to go in the Ma/NH, Merrimack Valley area.

Most anything will work, she'd be just as excited to reel in a little Bluegill as she would be to land a 5lb largemouth.

Thanks.

Do you have a boat or will you be shore fishing? If you are shore fishing you could try Mill Pond in Nashua NH or Horseshoe Pond in Merrimack NH (Boat launch only to fish from the shore). Mill Pond has great shore acess, But being this late in the year the milfoil (weeds) are very thick now and makes it tough to fish, But if your just throwing a bobber and night crawlers you will be fine. It does have a TON of bluegills in there. The boat launch is a good place to start. Hope this help.

Shore fishing at this point.

Thanks unhbass37, that sounds like a GREAT start. We've only really tried the Methuen/Salem area and she's getting discouraged with the whole thing.

To really get her in their I would def go to mill pond in nashua. If you get off exit 5 go towards hollis over the bridge and take ur second right. at the stop sign take a left and then take a right to go around the side of the ice rink. U will see a left take that and follow it down it will be a stadium go to the right of it down the dirt road and around the bend. U will park right at the d**n. there is a trail thats blocked by a gate follow that down straight and right on the left you will find little paths to the water. great and best spot imo on mill pond. get her attatched a live crawler on a hook with a bobber guarentee you she will be catching sunnies and what not all day long. Hope this helps and for sure once she catchs one she will be hooked.