Sign in to follow this  
mi_basser

Gull Lake in SW Michigan

Looking for some good info about Gull Lake in SW Michigan(kalamazoo area), I have fished it quite a lot with no real success, I have tried deep, shallow, and under docks.  My best success has come under docks on senkos, I just can't get the deep fish to bite, I can see them on the electronics but can't get them to bite, any suggestions??????

I've only fished it once and had the best success at the very south end by the Gull Lake Marina.  I went to some seminar's at D and R Sports over the winter and they gave some pointers for Gull Lake.  I dont have those notes with me but I could look them up if you would like.

One thing to try are all the weeds beds in about 15ft of water, I think they are actually rock piles. Dont have my map in front of me but there are a bunch are you head away from the boat launch.

Small jigs have worked for me over there. Usually the best part of the weed bed is the part heading toward the deeper water. Generally the hold really tight to the edges.