Sign in to follow this  
ShawnCorreia

Anybody KNOW Webster Lake??

Final tournament on Webster this weekend and I am trailing by 1 point anybody got any ideas? I have really been struggling there lately. I am going there now to see if I can figure it out.

Some of the grass that dies last is on the second lake. When you come through the gut there is a long point that drops into 15 on one side and 6' with a coontail flat on the other. That throws out a lot of 12-14" fish this time of year. Lipless cranks will usually do the trick.

Another area I would try is some of the deeper humps out infront of the grass line for smallies with tubes. Also in the second lake towards the back of it there are a couple islands that have a nice 10' hump behind them and has always produced bigger largies for me. I usually use a shakey head or tube.

Back behind the hump along the shore line there is a shallow rock pile that will usually produce a keeper smallie along the right hand side of it.

The Indian Ranch cove can be very good with a lipless crank as well.

It doesn't look like it will get cold enough to turn the jerkbait bite on though. I had a tourney on Mashpee yesterday and there was still 68-70 degree water.

There is one member here who has some great areas there. :-X

Small Popper's can fill the live-well quick this time of year. C-rigged lizards and Manum trick worms from there ;)

:-/Danny Correia says burning a chartreuse bladed chartreuse spinner bait just below the surface works the best. I tried it all day yesterday, guess what............NODDA. Wacky worming at the moose is the only thing that worked for me. Thanks I will try your suggestions tomorrow.  :-/

:-/Danny Correia says burning a chartreuse bladed chartreuse spinner bait just below the surface works the best. I tried it all day yesterday, guess what............NODDA. Wacky worming at the moose is the only thing that worked for me. Thanks I will try your suggestions tomorrow. :-/

Hump behind the Big Island (left side) before you go into the Indian ranch cove. Drop of in front of the big island (also left side) @ 18'.

Good luck ;)