Sign in to follow this  
JigMe

Need some advice

The pond I was fishing at closed due to unknown reason, so I have started to fish centennial lake in Columbia, Maryland. I have talked to few local fishermen, and got tips on where to fish. For the past three days, I have been going there each morning for 2-3 hours but unable to land a fish Top water bait from 7:00am-8:00am, then switched to senko and spinnerbait. I am wondering if anyone here fished that lake, and if not any decent fishing spot near Howard County, Maryland? Thanks for the help guys. 

Do you have a boat or are you walking the shore? I have fished there a few times in a boat and know of a few areas that hold fish.

Basically now due to the colder temps you need to cover as much water as possible to find a location that is holding fish. You need a good search bait such as a Bandit Flat Maxx (Shallow Diver) in Salad Bar color. The Flat Maxx works great in cooler water situations due to its rolling action. You can also try a 1/8 oz. Shaky Head rigged Strike King 4 inch Finesse Worm in Green Pumpkin / Red. If it gets colder your gonna want to use a blade bait such as a Cicada or Silver Buddy. Look for something baitfish can relate to (rocks, grass edges, tree branches, drainage pipes). When the sun is out at it's warmest concentrate on hard objects that hold heat.

I am fishing from the shore, and the tips I received was for few spots on the north entrance. It is by a red bridge.