Sign in to follow this  
swilly78

Any Northern Illinois guys for ice fishing?

Hey guys, If anyone is up for meeting up for some ice fishing after the first of the year, pm me, or email me at pww.irocc@yahoo.com.  I usually go two or three times a month, and will drive anywhere within an hour and a half or so.  Thanks.

Hey guys, If anyone is up for meeting up for some ice fishing after the first of the year, pm me, or email me at pww.irocc@yahoo.com. I usually go two or three times a month, and will drive anywhere within an hour and a half or so. Thanks.

Hey,

As bwell mentioned, we plan to head up North to try our hand at some ice fishing.  I just bought a flasher and want to give it a whirl too.  Do you have particular lakes in mind?  I was looking at Google Earth and found a handful of Southern Wisconsin lakes perhaps worth trying (Whitewater, Madison, Crystal, etc).  Do you venture into Wisconsin or confine your ice fishing to Illinois?

farmpond1

Ill certainly head up to Wisconsin, but I typically hit Bangs lake in Wauconda, the Fox Chain, and Im planning on hitting Mazonia this year for some big gills.

Swilly, I sent you an e-mail. I fish Mazonia often, maybe we can hook up. I know some good main lake flats on Pondo which should produce once the ice is thick enough.

In a local fishing fourm here i read a guy fell thru ice at willow slough about a week ago,but there were alot of others out there to help him out. also another guy went thru the ice over the weekend not sure which lake, he was fishing alone and a passing truck driver seen him in the water and called to get the guy help, he got lucky

Yep, there are always folks going in at Willow Slough. They have 5-6 inches of ice which is not a probelm. Where the problem lies is getting off the beaten track and not knowing where the channel is. I'll be giving it a go this weekend.