Sign in to follow this  
RockvilleMDAngler

Susquehanna Flats Question

Is anyone familiar with the Susquehanna flats?  I will be fishing a tournament there this weekend (which is being held out of the middle river but we are allowed to drive to other ramps as long as we leave at the middle river at the launch time) and I have never fished it.  Normally I would pre-fish the area before a tournament but I was unaware that I could drive my boat out of the Middle River and launch at Havre De Grace, since the Middle River is dead right now I have to fish unfamiliar waters.  

Are the flats mostly grass beds?  Are there channels?  How high is the grass right now? Any help would be appreciated!  I would be happy to share info on the Potomac River.

Just saw your post..... A little late to help with your tournament but I can help for any fishing in that area in the future.

Contact me direct and I can send you safe navigation trails in Lowrance Format as well as a .pdf map I made that shows areas that hold fish in the Dundee, Flats, Northeast River areas etc....

Rich

r1peacock@aol.com

A friend of mine and I fish off kayaks mostly on small lakes and a few slow moving rivers here in central PA. We'd like to take a crack at the flats and are looking for advice on where to put in and where to fish so we don't get in over our head being that we've never fished the bay before off kayaks.

Any advice would be appeciated.

Thanks,