Sign in to follow this  
71Rig

Bull Run

Fished Bull Run at Rt 28 today from about noon till 4.  Not another person on the water.  Guess they got the hint with the polluted water signs.  I think I might put them up at all the places I fish. ;D  

I had my saranex coated kevlar waders with the nomex long johns in case there were any floating mines left over from WWII so all was safe (didn't see any mines anyway).  Managed 5 smallies up to about 1.5-2 lbs and missed a monster in a log jam.  All of the fish came on a 4' fluke in Baby Bass on a 1/0 EWG Mustad hook.  Most of the fish were relating to wood but some hits and one catch came off a cut bank.  

Too bad you guys are afraid of the water.  Lots of fish there for everyone.  But I guess if you can cast around corners and drift a bait from a 10' bank you are set.

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all.

Wet Bobbers.

Trying to figure this picture thing out  :-/.  But here are some pics of the smallies caught yesterday.

post-10806-130162939917_thumb.jpg

This is the last pic that turned out.  Need to take the wife out fishing with me to take the pictures. (she's not afraid of the water!)

post-10806-130162939924_thumb.jpg

Been there a few times this late summer and early fall. I may try a couple more times before it gets too cold. Not my kind of wading though so I'll be on the bank.