Sign in to follow this  
Vekol

New Public Ramp on the Potomac--If You Act!

NOVA Guys,

The below link will take you to a story in the Fredericksburg paper concerning a meeting to be held on the 13th to get public input regarding Widewater State Park. This tract of land was recently purchased, and they are formulating a plan for its use. One of the potential uses is a new public boat ramp that would access the river proper, or Aquia Creek. Currently the only real public access to Aquia Creek is Hope Springs Marina--a private facility that charges $15 to put in! That is $7 over the prevailing rate. (How much you want a bet that the owner of Hope Springs, or someone close to him, sits on the advisory panel?)  If anyone has an interest in seeing a boat ramp installed, this is the time to act.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2007/122007/12042007/337558

Jon

It would be nice to have another ramp to launch at but this is only in planning stages.  It will take several years before any money is dedicated to it due to Virginia budget issues.  It might be interesting to hear what they have to say about the boat ramp but it sounds like they already made up their minds on that issue.  I guess I will just continue to launch at Occoquan and Leesylvania.

Thanks for the story.

I am sending it to the Federation reps in my Richmond bass club to see if we can get the Virginia Federation involved.

If you have ever launched at Hope Springs you know we need a nice BIG and WIDE ramp on the Potomac very badly.

Thanks for the story.

Let's hope someone has the brainpower to understand the need for this new boat ramp.