Sign in to follow this  
Tpayneful

Christmas Even Pond Fishing in Virginia

I fished a pond behind my office in Fredericksburg for an hour around noon today. I got my first bite on a white chatterbait with a super fluke jr trailer (smokin shad). I cast the bait out. I would pop it of the bottom and let it drop. Once it hit the bottom I would let it sit for 10 seconds. I didn't get a hook in that fish >:( A little while later I got another bite and caught a 2 lb largemouth :) The fish was pale as a ghost. It was nice to catch a fish in December! Later in the day I sprained my foot, went to the emergency room and will not be fishing for a while :(

Sorry to hear about your sprain, especially on Christmas eve.

Where is the pond in Fredericksburg?  Off Route 1 or in the city?

I go up that way for business and would love to know where to go to drop a line this summer when it gets warmer.

I hate cold weather!!!!

Hope you are feeling better today and that you get some great fishing presents.

Sam,

It is a private pond behind my office building in the back corner of an office park.  The landlord only lets tenants fish it.  They run off anybody else that tries to fish it.  

I got an Rick Clunn baitcasting reel and a MH Extreme rod!

My injury is actually a torn plantar fascia.  It is the ligament that connects the heel of the foot to the ball of the foot.  I wonder if the podiatrist will finally fix it now that I can't walk on it at all.

I hope you got some good presents too!

Sorry to hear about your sprain, especially on Christmas eve.

Where is the pond in Fredericksburg? Off Route 1 or in the city?

I go up that way for business and would love to know where to go to drop a line this summer when it gets warmer.

I hate cold weather!!!!

Hope you are feeling better today and that you get some great fishing presents.

Sam,

You might want to try the Old Cossey Mill Pond, which is about 1/2 mile north of Mary Washington College, and east of Rte. 1. I have not tried it for bass, but was there today soaking Powerbait for planted trout (at least they will bite when the water is cold.) I do know it has crappie and bluegill--so bass are likely present as well. The nice thing is that since it is managed by VDGIF it does not require a Fredericksburg city license, as do Motts Run and Ni River reservoir. If Old Cossey fails, there is always the river.