Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Anyone going to Bass-A-Rama Richmond VA Jan 11-13

Anyone going this weekend?  The Bass-A-Rama show got gobbled up by the Richmond Boat Show, dunno what vendors will be there, but usually they get about a dozen pretty good tackle vendors.  Anyone have a list on who will be there this year?  Anyone plan on going?

That isn't the right one.  Here is the one that says it incorporated the BassARama show:

http://boating-industry.com/output.cfm?ID=1272673

Looking at the exhibitors of this show, I might not go:

http://www.macevents.com/show.cfm/eventID/123

I am going since I have to go to Richmond Friday anyway to get VA tags/title switched from SD to VA for the BassCat.  Thought I might as well hit the show at the same time.  Never been to a Bass-A-Rama; kind of looking forward to it.

Corky

I think you'll find that this weekend's show, the "new" Bass-a-Rama, is more of a boat show (cruisers, yachts, etc) than anything else.  There are only a few bass related participants.

The new Richmond Fishing Expo (Jan 25 - 27) is more along the lines of what anybody who's been Bass-a-Rama expects.   Some pros scheduled to appear are: Hank Parker (Sat), Davy Hite (Fri and Sat), and Shaw Grigsby (Sun).  Show is at the Richmond Raceway Complex.

The website to this event is www.richmondfishingexpo.com.  

Appreciate the info on the Jan 25th show.  I did see that show ad but the bummer is we're in FL during time so I am trying to track down others that might have a "fishing" focus without driving a couple of hundred miles each way.

Thanks again - Corky

Whoa, I'm scrapping any bassarama plans and heading to that one!  Hank Parker and Shaw Grigsby are my favorite two Pros.  Thanks a ton for that link!

I plan on going to the one at the end of the month.

Yes, on Saturday morning from 9 to 12 unless I stay for the speaker.

Probably will go on Friday before the crowds get there.

Going to Green Top, too.

Look for the LSU sweatshirt and/or LSU cap.

On Saturday I will be working the kids casting event or selling boat raffel tickets, where ever the Federation places me for three hours.

Cool.  If you can, post afterwards and let me know if it is worth the 3 hour drive for me on Sunday...Thanks!

It is worth the drive.

Believe me, there should be a lot of boats to see; lots of stuff for sale; and the seminars look very attractive.

Green Top on Route 1 just north of I-295, is also a place to stop by on your way into Richmond if you are coming from the north.

The Richmond Fishing Expo has taken the place of Bassarama as Bassarama was on the down slide due to some unfortunate things that have been occurring for the past few years.

I hope a lot of the people who left Bassarama will come back and have their wares out at the Fishing Expo.

And Green Top is also a lot of fun.  Busy and crowded but fun.

If you are on I-95 be sure to keep your speed under 100! ;D

Cool thanks.  About how many tackle vendors were there?   Any cool deals?

Each year the vendors have been less and less.

Seems the guy running the show was not a good business man and he ran a lot of the vendors away.

I would think there were about 75 vendors last year.  Maybe more.

I would hope there would be more now that there is new management.