Sign in to follow this  
joes

Crossville TN

I'm thinking about retiring to Crossville TN and would like any advise you can give on where to fish. I prefer Lakes or Reservoirs

Crossville isn't that far from Knoxville and Knoxvegas is surrounded by lakes.

Ft Loudon, Tellico, Watts Bar, Chickamauga.  Have Cherokee and Douglas just up the interstate a bit.  Center Hill to the west, as well as all of the lakes around Nashville.

I won't make any statements concerning the fishing at most of those lakes.  ;)

You're closest to:

Watts Bar- TN River Resrvoir b/w Lake Loudon in Knoxville and Chickamauga in Chattanooga. It's a typical TN River fishery with lots of drop-offs, structure fishing, and a good variety of shallow cover. Like all TVA dam controlled fisheries, it can be very current dependent (30-40 minutes)

Dale Hollow- world renowned smallmouth lake and holder of the world record. deep, clear, remote. Great float n fly lake in winter, and great jerkbait lake in Spring. Night fishing can be fatastic in June and July with a hair jig. Also a good largemouth fishery in the Spring around flooded willows. (1 hr)

Center Hill- similar to Dale Hollow, although the smallmouth fishing is in a down cycle. Loaded with 2-3 lb spots. deep and clear highland reservoir. (1 hr)

Also, 1 hr from Knoxville (Loudon and Tellico). About 2 hrs from Nashville and Old Hickory and Percy Priest.