Sign in to follow this  
Tpayneful

Has anyone been to the Richmond Fishing Expo yet?

Did anyone go to the Richmond Fishing Expo yesterday?  How was it?  Bassarama last year was a huge disapointment.  I hope this years show is better.  Family obligations kept me at home yesterday and today but I plan on going Sunday morning.  Hopefully I will be able to see the seminars.

I was there most of the day with one of the vendors. I'll be back Sunday all day. It's somewhat better than the Bassarama was last year. The main seminars are in building three along with the big fish tank. It may take a while for that show to get to the vendor attendance numbers that the Bassarama was noted for years ago. Stop by the OCHS booth and say HELLO, buy a raffle ticket too.

Drums and I went yesterday and found it to be a disapointment. I'll just stick to Greentop.......

Yes, I went on Friday and Saturday.

I also want to apologize to all Forum members who said hello as I was involved with my Club's activities with the coloring sheets, the casting contest and the selling of Ranger Raffle tickets.

Usually I will stop and talk but today was hectic.

I was not that happy with the vendors but I did find one vendor that had the new line of the Bandit lures plus the four-inch mocassin blue dead ringer worms.

I got some of the new Bandits which I can't wait to use and I am now set with my mocassin blues, both in finesse and dead ringer.

I agree that more and more vendors will start to come back to the show and hopefully it will be better next year and future years.

I did get to meet some of my old friends and speak with them for a short time.  Two guides and others that I ran into or came by the areas we were working.

Maybe next year we can have a time and place for all of us to meet at the Expo and introduce ourselves.

Wayne,

I will stop by as I have done for the last few years. I know Jason Moon's Grandfather Jim and his son Chris. Jim runs the Wednesday night fishing tournaments on Lake Caroline. I will definitely buy a raffle ticket too. I want to get there in time for the 11 AM seminar. I like looking around at the boats and the lures that are available but I usually come away empty handed.

Thanks to everyone else for the heads up on what to expect. I think I am going to have to invite Sam out for a day of fishing to finally meet him!

A little after the fact, but a couple of observations.

I was there Saturday afternoon. My impression was that the number of vendors was about the same as last year--in fact there were many of the same vendors there. There were several vendors there that I didn't see last year, but they were mainly saltwater tackle vendors. I was pleased to see a vendor that specialized in crappie gear, and I did some business with him. I do think that expanding the event to cover all species of fishing creates a synergy that will help all of the vendors as there are lot of guys like me that do fish for more than just bass. I even went so far as to attend a saltwater surf casting seminar rather than attend Teddy Carr's talk. I do think that there were a lot more people at this event than last year's, and I do think they were spending money--and that is really what it is going to have to happen in order for the thing to grow.

I thought it was pretty good. They had some nice tackle vendors and the Bass tank was very cool. I stopped by and watched a guy show how to use some lures and almost catch about 4 bass with a crankbait that lit up when wet.

Here's some stuff that I got:

newtackletv5.jpg