Sign in to follow this  
SimonSays

Anyone up for Yorktown Striper Fishing -updated-

Hoping to do a bit of Striper fishing at yorktown on saturday night/sunday morning.  Possibly about 2am Sunday morning if anyone is interested. I've seen 40+ inchers pulled out around this area!

I've been wanting a saltwater combo really bad for the past month. Now I REALLY wish I had it. When I get one I'll deffinatly have to make a trip down, it will be worth the drive.

Hey Simon, I've been lurking but I'm not really a big fan of the new layout on the site. I was looking into gathering some close friends from town together for some striper fishing to ease the winter blues since it's been 3 months since I've touched a rod now (November 5). I was curious where exactly you are pulling these from. Where is the parking? What bridges are you fishing? How far of a walk is it? Is there anywhere around there that sells live bait like minnows?

I was looking into Yorktown State Park but the two people I talked to there basically told me "good luck" with catching Striper right now through February and that Croaker is out of the question til' March. They said there are no tackle places right now selling live bait. SO my question is to you, is bucktails and swim baits and shad raps the only thing catching fish down there right now? Are you fishing the pilings? Deep Water? How are youy rigging, etc?

We were gonna leave 5am Saturday morning (Feb 9) and fish all day from either the pier there or the pier at Yorktown Beach. I was just curious as to if you had a better idea. I don't care if they are small as long as they range like 1-3lbs I can keep my friends occuppied all day. I just wanna get on some fish if I'm driving 2-3 hours for em'. Any help you could give me would be awesome.

It would help if this area had some catfish and or perch to pull in too. Let me know if you can give me any info.

I called you and left a message earlier this morning, so if you can get back to me that would be sweet.  Later man.

you still hitting this spot up? any luck? I'm going to be ordering my inshore rod soon, and I just got my revo inshore in. Can't wait.

I'm gonna be going this friday night to try it out, Jason ( JCrzy4SmlMth ) said he called around to some tackleshops in the area and they pretty much said "good luck" to catching striper...hopefully I'll prove em wrong =D

keep us updated. Good luck bro, and thanks for the speedy reply.

Went last night...had lotsa fun, those tackle shop guys don't get out much =D

... I look retarded in some of these photos....

2239030511_2bb6c01e97.jpg

2239030611_6af29b9383.jpg

2239030699_1df4d0a4c3.jpg

2239030829_6f06d004a6.jpg

2239031097_23a5b97273.jpg

2239031003_8f6a0e5f2b.jpg

2239031229_05039735c3.jpg

My friends caught the last 2!  total of 10 fish, as we stopped taking pictures after the first few, too cold   :o

Those look nice! Must have been fun to get out there.

And you don't look retarded, you look cold. I look goofy when I have cold fishing pictures too dont worry bout it.  ;D

d**n dude looks like you guys cleaned up.  Good job out there.  Go figure looks like I may not be able to make it down this weekend just due to money and gas issues.  Real tight budget at the moment.  I will get down there eventually though.  Sweet man.

I spent my day on Lake Anna on Sunday morning 7:30am til' 2:20... no fish.  Not even gonna bother typing up a report on this one.  Let me know if your around this weekend.  Plan on hitting up Fountainhead (the floating docks) or Occoquan Regional Park on Sunday for a few hours.  If we do the floating docks I will probably bring bait for carp and practice my jig fishing and drop shotting at the mouth of the creek there.  Don't know how well carp bite this time of year but can't be any worse than the largemouth bite.  I just need to fish.  Will start new thread...