Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Finally caught some LMBs this winter

I went out today and caught two keepers, one 3.75lb and one 2.25lbs. Sorry about the quality of the pictures I used my cell phone to take them. These are the first fish of the year for me.  I was in a dry spell since early December.

Here is the first one (3.75 lbs)

post-10436-130162940388_thumb.jpg

did you catch that first one in that shallow area near the entrance?

Slomoe,

What do you think? You have fished with me before.

Dan,

Close to it. They were lined up on the point, I had a lot of bites today. Unfortunately only two keepers.

It is pretty obvious from the picture if you have been there.  If not then I would have to say that is Lake Huntsman.

It's not a far walk at all if you park on Golden Ball Tavern. It's just down the hill from the entrance...

I park near the entrance (gate) to the dam.  It is only a two minute walk down to the dam.  

oy, looks like I need to find a new place to park! lol...I park at the residential area where I have to walk though the little play ground area...I'll look that other place up next time, thanks guys!

Simon,

This way is SOOO much shorter dude.  Better access and you see other access areas on the way over there where you can park along side the road.  There are signs all over not to park in the town home unit areas though.

My dad showed me last time we went (last weekend).  Just go past Dorothy Lane (after turning off the Fairfax County Parkway) and take your next right (after the little bridge with the railing) and follow the road down.  You will see access to the opposite side of the lake we were fishing when we first got there, as well as access to the gate where the d**n is located (imho the best spot on the lake to this point).  Later dude.