Sign in to follow this  
Ldavis

Buggs/Gaston trip

I plan on going to Buggs/Gaston on March 29/30. Was looking for a little general information on what to do(prespawn?),what to expect or areas/lures. Have been to Gaston once and Buggs once(level was 310!). My plan was to fish docks on Gaston(jigs) but there are so many or just pick a creek and stay in there to figure it out. On Buggs I am lost my thoughts were Grassy, Nutbush or Clarksville area. This place is so big I don't have a clue plus I guess I will have to wait and see about the water level. Thanks for any tips. I can help with info on Anna if necessary. Or if anyone wants to go down or ever needs a partner/backseater let me know.

Fishing Gaston & Buggs this weekend so will let you know about the adventures.

Windy and raining on Saturday for Gaston; cold and blue bird skies on Kerr on Sunday.

Advantage:  Fish.

Good luck this weekend at the lakes Sam. Looks like the weather is going to be a little worse this weekend than it is now.

Sam,

I'm also fishing Buggs this weekend, pre-fish on Friday and tournament on Saturday.  Look for me, I'll be the one in the red rainsuit huddled over trying to avoid the wind!  LOL

Hillbilly

Hillybilly,

I will be in my yellow rain gear with big blue gloves as the temperature is below 70*. ;D

I hope we stay in Popular Creek due to the 13 +/- winds but my friend wants to head to his "double secret spot" so no telling where we will end up if we leave Popular.

I am cutting back on my tackle, taking two baitcasters and one spinning rig and plan to throw shad crankbaits; red crawfish Rat-L-Traps; and if we can find some calm water along the shore my PB&J jig into the grasses.  If we can find any grasses in the rough water.

Good luck and be safe this weekend.

Sam

Sam,

There is extremely little to no grass in Peahill creek if you venture that far. Very little grass down our way (lower end of the lake).

Best pattern on Gaston this time of year is skipping weightless or very lightly weighted Zoom Centipedes under large docks in Pea Hill Creek.  Weightless Senkos, rigged wacky style will also produce on boat docks throughout the lake.

Rat-L-Traps or gold/white spinnerbaits retrieved parallel to the riprap banks will find a few keeper bass.

Jigs and Texas rigged lizards on the down current corners of bridges will show some trophies.