Sign in to follow this  
TN basstracker

Fished with Skillet today

Had the pleasure of having Skillet join me in the boat today.  We tried to see if we could get blown away in the wind but ended up catching 10 little guys like these below.  Fished Glenn Springs lake in West TN.  Caught all fish except one, on a crankbait.  The other was on a suspending jerkbait.  Color didn't matter as long as it resembled a crawdad.  We caught fish in about 8-10 ft of water with 3 different crawdad colored cranks.  Water temps ranged from 57-61 degrees.  Not any hawgs, but alot of fun to catch anyway.

Marchfish08-2001.jpg

Marchfish08-2002.jpg

It really was ;)! The wind almost wore us out, it was worth every minute! Always enjoy basstrackers company...

As Ever,

skillet

Any fish up shallow fanning beds? Temps in that range usually push the males up shallow to get the springtime ritual started. Good report though, glad you guys had a good time.  

This is the best part of fishing...fellowship and meeting new people with the same interest.

I met a neighbor today.  He used to fish for bass all the time until he opened his florist business.

He sold it last year so he is now interested in bass fishing again but he had sold his Ranger so he has to work out a deal with the wife before buying another boat.

I will probably take him fishing when the weather gets warmer.

Fishing....a great way to make friends for life.

What Sam said   X2

Any fish up shallow fanning beds? Temps in that range usually push the males up shallow to get the springtime ritual started. Good report though, glad you guys had a good time.

I didn't see any, partly due to the strong winds churning up the water. I didn't notice any red tails either. This lake is typically gin clear which makes for great sight fishing. We were fishing a huge flat in a cove that is about 3-4 ft. deep, but up close to the bank is where the creek channel ran to the back of the cove. It dropped to about 9.5 ft in the channel. This big flat is where I usually find fish on year after year on beds. The water temp has been on a steady rise for the last 2 weeks now. 2-3 weeks ago it was 49-51 degrees and this past week it has been 58-62 degrees. Fishing has really turned on for me.  4 days before that I fished the same area and caught 12 with 2 going over 5 lbs and one between 3-4.  I posted pics of those also in another thread.