Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Lake Audubon and Lake Thoreau in Northern VA

Has anyone fished these two lakes? They are near the Reston National Golf Course. It looks like Lake Audubon has a boat ramp with four parking spaces for a tow vehicle and trailer when I look at it in googlemaps. I am curious if these are private lakes or public and what restrictions they have on boats. I am also curious if anyone has caught any LMBs there.

After doing some research it looks like these are most likely private lakes.  Can some one ahed any light on this.  There appears to be a community association that manages these lakes.

These are both lakes owned and operated by the Reston Homeowners Association. They are limited to residents and guests. If you know someone who lives in Reston, you can get them to give you a permission slip, but generally, the residents around the lake are a pretty feisty group. They give short shrift to trespassers.....and they are quick to call the police.

I have fished both lakes on many occasions. They used to have some good fish in them when the lakes contained elodea and hydrilla. However, the Homeowners Association put in grass carp and that took care of the grass, as well as the fish.  There are still a few good fish, but they are few and far between now.

NHBA Charlie........

I have fished both and there is a path around both lakes no one gave me any probelms their but the lack of grass is not too fun. Thoreau is DEEP  except for some unfishable shallows. Audubon is shallow with lots of docks but you cant go on any docks. You probably will have no probelm fishing there but there are much better places to fish.

hope this helps