Sign in to follow this  
ljmax

Orange Lake Florida

I have a tournament on Orange Lake next Sunday and was wondering if anyone has been fishing the lake???  From what I've been told the water has come up quite a bit and the bite is pretty steady now.  Any thoughts much appreciated.   :)

where are you putting in at? as of a few weeks back the only sure ramp was heaggy burry.the water was up some but still low.the top water bite was really good .my buddy who knows the lake good took some visitors and caught over 50 bass w/ several bigguns on top water.rapalas,devils horse, and frogs.also caught some on traps.he would only tell me that they didnt leave the s. end.

where are you putting in at? as of a few weeks back the only sure ramp was heaggy burry.the water was up some but still low.the top water bite was really good .my buddy who knows the lake good took some visitors and caught over 50 bass w/ several bigguns on top water.rapalas,devils horse, and frogs.also caught some on traps.he would only tell me that they didnt leave the s. end.

Thanks for the reply. :)  Yep HB is where the tourney launches from.  Funny thing is Orange Lake is only 20 minutes from me and I haven't fished it since 2000.  Part of it was the level has been low for a few years but the other reason was I got into red fishing.  Now I'm back to bass fishing so I get to re discover all of the great bass fishing there is in this area.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply and I'll be fishing the south end of the lake as you suggested.  :)