Sign in to follow this  
btcprince

medard park(pleasant grove)

anybody fish it? i hear it was stocked with some hybrid stripers some years back to help control the shad population, but have never fished it. the idle speed is nice for me because i am only using a powered canoe now and dont want to get swamped. i know some of yall are plant city folks....help out a neighbor  ;)

I have only caught a few small LMB's out of it.  I have seen people trolling for the hybrids or using chicken livers or Hal fly's.  Stop in at Turkey Creek bait and tackle and talk to them.  There are a couple of DEEP holes in there and the FWC stocked 500K Hybrids and specs in there a few years ago.

A better spot for your canoe my be the Hillsborough river.  I put in at Fowler Ave and drift down stream.  It is idle speed only also.

Another spot for you is Lake Gibson in Lakeland.  A smaller lake with limited access.  The boat ramp is on Socrum loop road behind 5 guys burgers and Fries.

alright, thanks for the info. yes, the hillsborough river is my old stomping grounds, and i know the fowler park well. riverhills to the  harney bridge has been one of my better stretches along it. a nice deep channel and lots of grass once the water level rises to normal. i will check out lake gibson, too. good luck to you