Sign in to follow this  
Clark Stewart

Where to bass fish in Gulf Shores?

Anybody ever bass fish in gulf shores? I don't plan on buying a saltwater license to fish off the beach (wouldn't know what i caught if I did!) so I'm looking for any places to bass fish down there. I know there's lake Shelby, but I don't know much about it. Any advice on where the bass might be and what they like down there. Heading out tomorrow morning so get back at me!

unfortunately no there is not.... lake shelby was flooded with saltwater in '04 from Hurricane Ivan and has not recovered... The only public place I know of for bass is cooper's lake in Rosinton off HWY 64 its just a little NE of Robertsdale.  I would suggest getting a 3-day saltwater liscense and fishing Perdido Pass in Orange Beach at night. Sheepshead, reds, and the occasional blue are stacked in there. I would use live shrimp or cut mullet.  Off the beach you can catch reds, pompano and if you are lucky, you may pick up a Cobia.   Top gun tackle next to winn dixie has live bait in GS/OB area and should be open late. how long will you be in town?  I live  in Baldwin county, north of the beach.

I would haul over to the mobile tensaw delta.  Pretty good bass fishing.  Grab a map it is huge.  You can catch lmb all over the entire expanse of the delta if you know where to fish and how to handle the tides, salinity, and other variables.

I have fished it a fair amount.  I don't have the foggiest idea about anything around Gulf Shores.