Sign in to follow this  
flippin4it.

It was good, but not great....

Met up with ado124 and slomoe. I brought my Jon boat and ado124 had his kayak. slomoe and ado124 in the kayak and my buddy and I in mine. Conditions at launch seemed favorable, slight breeze and overcast for the most part. With in a hour, 25mph wind and blue bird sky....Thank you Mr Weatherman for your inaccurate forecast!!

For my partner and I, once we located the fish catching them was easy. But because of the wind, there was times that you had a strike and had not clue. So we moved to the backs of coves and behind major points to get out of the wind. We managed 5 keepers and 4 dinks. My partner also kept track of how many missed.....12....... >:(.  One 4lbs, two right at 3lbs and two in the mid 1 pound range. A 13 pound sack would'nt win a tourny, but it was still fun..........Other than the MF'n wind!        

Man that wind was crazy. I had a great time meeting up with you guys.

white caps on the water..  >:(

It was a pretty interesting experience to say the least.  Alot of things on my end went pretty sour but i'm glad the overall trip was enjoyable.  those winds were killer and battling that current in that yak has left my body sore as heck.  

Slomoe and I caught 1 each. Mine was a keeper at about 1.5lbs while his was right around 3 pounds.  They both fought hard as hell and gave quite a show.  I definitely want to hit that body of water again as there is alot of potential there.  

I learned alot on this "maiden" voyage and next time, i'll be much better prepared.

Hope to do this again!

Sounds like a fun day.

Man, I can't wait to get a boat of some sort one of these days.  Right now I'm debating kayak or Jon.  If I do the kayak I know the kids are going to give me the sad puppy dog eyes and I'll feel all shades of selfish.  I think I need to get a Jon big enough for the wife and 3 kids first.

ado124, great to see you again (where is my life jacket?). Slomoe, it was good to finally get to meet you... You and I need to hook up again. Wwe can bank fish or rip my boat out again. After I fixed ole' leaky, she was leak free this time.....