Sign in to follow this  
Triton9

Anyone fished Buggs Island lately?

Hey evertone, just wondering if anyone has had success on Buggs lately.  I am looking for some suggestions on what to throw and where to go since I have not fished the lake yet this year and I am fishing my TBF State Championship tourny there this weekend and an FOM tourny there the next.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't have any tips, but I wish you good luck in your tournaments!

Triton9

Your best bet is to fish Grassy or Panhandle Creek. Fish the shallows in the back of coves in the feeder creeks. Pay particular attention to areas around the flooded Sweet Gum Trees. These areas should hold bedding fish. After covering them thoroughly, head for the points in the same feeder creeks and drop a Zoom Super Hog with a 3/8ths oz. sinker into the middle of the flooded buckbrush. Alternate with a suspending jerk bait, fished parallel to the buckbrush. All of these techniques will produce at Buggs Island right now. Water level at 303.6 feet, while 300 is full pool. The brush is in the water. First thing in the morning, you might try some large topwater chuggers on the main lake points, IF......the wind is blowing in on them. This can fill your well in 10 minutes if the wind is right. Anytime you find fish, back off and cover the area with weightless 6" green pumpkin Senkos. The slower you fish, the better.

Good luck,

NHBA Charlie.......

Sorry, but I have not fished Buggs in a month so all of my information is out dated.

We did do well at the mouth of Island Creek throwing a C-rig with a creature bait into the rocks and stumps in early April.

Charlie knows Buggs so do what he says.

And we expect you to win and kick Basspro48 all over the place if he is fishing in the same tournaments!!! ;D

Good luck and let us know how you did, etc.