Sign in to follow this  
TyTy

Bass Lakes near Orlando with Restaurants on the lake...

Anyone know of any?

My father in law is coming this weekend and wants to try his hand at bass fishing but he will only want to go for an hour or two. My wife and I thought it would be fun if we could fish a little, see some gators and then boat up to a restaurant on a lake and have lunch.

Ideas?

The closer to Orlando the better.

I just remembered what lake I was on a year ago when I saw a restaurant on the lake...the harris chain has one on the canal on the way into Lake Harris.

I had forgotten where that was.

Also the St. John's just south of Lake George but I dont want to drive that far.

It's  on Dead River between Lake Harris and Lake Eustis.  Put in at Buzzard beach, fish a while, eat and fish some more.  We do it all the time.

Lake Ship in Winter Haven has Jesse's Landing but the new ramp may be to shallow.

If we're thinking of the same place, I think its called spillway tavern (near the locks). We used to go there with my grandad.  Great sandwiches and ICE COLD brew.

I don't know if its still there but Joe's on Lake Harris.

The thing that sticks out most about the Harris chain is the abundance and size of gators. We saw a bunch that were >12'.

P.S. baby gators LOVE cheeseballs

Go to East Lake Toho:

http://www.eastlakefishcamp.net/

That's a good one.

On the south shore of that same lake is St Cloud marina.  New facilities with a Gators Dockside or Crabby Bills type restaurant.  Better views than the fish camp.  

There is also a small hotel with restaurant on the north side of Alligator lake right on Rt 192.  It is a less populated lake about another 15 or 20 minutes past East Lake.

Might depend on what side of Orlando you are coming from?

All that sounds good.  Winter Haven is a little far of a drive for me, I think we will do Lake Harris.  

I didnt see many gators when I was there, a few in the canals.  I am hopeing to get close to some big ones, my father in law is excited to see them.  I have been here for 2 years and I still think its neat to see them when out fishing.

Thanks for the advice everyone.