Sign in to follow this  
Movarus

Fishing areas near Greenville, NC

Hey everyone.  I'm new to these boards and enjoying them a lot.  I've got a ton of info just browsing through different topics.  

But, on to my question for this specific forum.  Does anyone know of any good fishing areas (lakes, rivers, creeks, whatever) around Eastern North Carolina.  I actually live in Winterville, NC which is just outside of Greenville.  Greenville is about an hour to an hour and a half SE of Raleigh.  Hope that gives you a little idea of where abouts I am located.

I moved down this way a while back, but only recently got back into fishing.  And I'm big into it again.  So, I'm trying to find as many options as possible to start trying out, hoping I might find a good selection of places to choose from.  I know of the Tar river, and Jordan lake (Jordan lake is a bit of a drive though), but I'm trying to see what else is around.

Any information I could get would be great!  I recently went fishing on Lake Norman in Charlotte, NC and it was a blast.  I'm really hoping to find some good places closer to home, though.  I really want to keep that great feeling going!