Sign in to follow this  
fishingfourfun

Lake Anna

How is the water level after all the rain we received this weekend?  I will be heading there tomorrow and will be staying until Sunday.  Anyone know what the fish are responding to?

Fishing,

Where are you launching out of?  The state park, Sturgeon Creek, Dukes Creek, etc?  Each of those launches has current up to date reports if you google their given location.  Just click on fishing reports on the side navigation bar.

My dad and I went out pre spawn but I'd imagine that the spawn is over for the most part downlake.  I don't know how Anna works but I don't think all the fish move downlake to spawn (like the stripers moving), however if you go further uplake you may be able to find some spawning bass patterns.  Or if you head up to the river you may find them on the spawn there.

I don't know how current is in the river and I'd imagine the water is gonna be rough anywhere on the lake.  On the plus side you may not have to deal with too much boat traffic this weekend.  Can't imagine with the water so high the conditions will be "great" as far as most are concerned.  But ya never know.  Let us know how you do, my dad and I might be making a trip soon so it would be helpful.  Good luck man.