Sign in to follow this  
HokieDJ

Richmond

Heading down to Richmond this weekend.

Any recommendations on ponds/lakes/rivers around the Short Pump/Shady Grove area I can hit for fun?

Thanks

Funny you mention it, there's a guy in Richmond with an overstocked pond that wants people to come and help him get rid of his Bream. Interested?

Bream = Blue Gill

You can try Pony Pastures for some smallmouth...around stony point mall there's a small pond you can try.  For around short pump all I know about  are private lakes for apts/condos.  PM me for more detailed info!

Forget the Pony Pasture. River is too high, too dirty and too fast for safe fishing.

Here are two suggestions to consider in the Short Pump area:

Ponds at Innsbrook Office Center Comples - The three (3) ponds off Cox road between West Broad Street and Nuckols Road.

The pond across Nuckols Road after you cross Nuckols Road on Cox Road.  

West Creek Office Complex - Try the lake until you get run off.

Check the weather report as we are having lots of rain in the greater Richmond geographical area and we may have rain this weekend.

The Innsbrook ponds can be fished all day and you will not have to fish the same place twice.

Have fun and let us know how you do.

Thanks SAM! will try those.  Any keeper size in those lakes or am I looking at Dinkers?

how about the big lake at Dominion Club?  Got to have fish in there.

HokieDJ,

I have never fished the Dominion Club but give it a shot and let us know what you find.

Some good bass in Innsbrook Office Park but of course, lots of bream and dinks, too.

Try the pond on the other side of Nuckols Road as you drive through the entire Office Park from West Broad Street.  Just park by one of the office buildings.

Have fun.

The innesbrook lakes are fillled with bream.  I used a trap today there, I casted parallel to the bank and burn the lure as fast as possible back...hit five 2lb+ in about 30mins around 5pm.  Dusk feeding time? it was great fun =D I have crazy fishing thumb!

I tried out Dominion Club for about 30 mins until I saw the no tresspassing sign.  I did manage to hook a small little sun fish that attacked my Mann's Baby minus 1 hahah.

I tried the large lake acroos nuchols for about hour and ahalf and got a dinker and a keeper probably around 1.5 lbs on a white spinner.

That's a nice spot and I'll have to try it next time I'm in town.