Sign in to follow this  
fishingfourfun

Mattawoman Creek

I am buying a new boat next weekend and was wondering if I can use my Virginia freshwater fishing license for Mattawoman Creek or will I need to purchase a Maryland fishing license.

I am 99% sure that a VA license will do.  I have fished there with clubs and no one ever mentioned that I needed a MD license.

fishingforfun

Yes you can fish Mattawoman Creek with a Virginia license. The two states are reciprocal as far as the Potomac River goes. I have been fishing Mattawoman Creek for a little over a year and have caught a lot of nice size bass over there. I always launch out of Leesylvania State Park when I go there. I was just at Maatawoman Creek yesterday and my friend and I caught 7 nice bass. If you want some information I will be more than glad to provide it to you, just send me a PM.

Ron

I like how they always look bigger with the camera. That's a nice fish dad. Looks like you guys went pretty far back in there huh? All the way back to the spadderdocks. I can't wait to get out there again! They will be hitting topwater post spawn like last year and the jitterbug with the new rage tail should be pretty hot.

Jay,

We took the boat through the thick mats all the way up to the pads.  There were quite a few boats in the thick cover near us as well.  We decided to go in there because all of the bass were hitting top water in there.  Next time we go out I will take you into this area, it is very productive and we pulled some nice keepers out of there.  I think I saw your new PB waiting for you in there.

Jay,

We took the boat through the thick mats all the way up to the pads. There were quite a few boats in the thick cover near us as well. We decided to go in there because all of the bass were hitting top water in there. Next time we go out I will take you into this area, it is very productive and we pulled some nice keepers out of there. I think I saw your new PB waiting for you in there.

My frog is itching to get out to those pads.   ;D

Andy, It sounds like the three of us need to go out to those pads and catch some hawgs real soon.  It was a lot of fun last weekend, like I stated earlier we caught 7 nice keepers.