Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

Mclean VA

I work in McLean, and after work hop over to Scott's Run to fish where it hits the Potomac.  I am looking for a spot to hit during my lunch hour... Scott's run has a 20 minute hike to get to the river, so that's out... Anyone know of any good ponds or streams to hit in the McLean area without a hike?  

Hey avalon, do you know if there is fishing allowed over at Great Falls?  Whatever that park is called there?

I heard last year they banned it because of high water levels or something or dangerous areas and so forth??? Just curious because I was interested in what the smallie fishing there would be like.

It has been years since I tried Great Falls Park, I already went to lunch today, so I will have to check it out another... Last time I went it was only a couple bucks to get in, how much is it now?

Great Falls is not really worth it on the VA side.

Avalonjohn, try a place called Riverbend Park. If you take a walk along the path upriver there are some good spots. PM me if you have trouble finding it.

I know right where it is, I used to fish there a lot, but not recently.  

At GF park, if you are willing to do a bit of walking, there is some good fishing pretty far down past where the old lock was cut into the rock.  It is a pretty good hike, but we used to pull a lot of smallmouth ot of there.

buddies where there last week and saw a ton of anglers there, dont know if they caught anything though.