Sign in to follow this  
HokieDJ

Good day at the Potomac

Went fishing yesterday at the potomac before the storm. The water levels were almost normal and the water was clear. Caught my self a sun fish and then a 1lb 4oz smallie on a rappala. After awhile there were no bites so we left and went to another spot.

On my first throw in an area on the banks with a fallen tree and a over hanging tree, I hit pay dirt. A 4lb 4oz LMB took my purple senko. I was tightening up the slack when I felt something and decided to set the hook. That's a new PB for me and it felt good. Too bad she was so close to the shore. I would love to feel the fight on that one from long distance. Caught a few more dinkers on the senko along the shore before the storm came roaring thru. I also tried a White/Chartreuse spinner with no hits and a Mepp's #3 which got some hits but nothing was hooked.

4lb4ozBass.jpg

Nice! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Glad to hear you weren't out there when the heavy rains and hail came down, that would have suck big time.

Outstanding!

Super way to go!

And your thought about fighting a big fish from far away from your boat....forget it.  

I still have nighmares about the ones that threw the hook on the way to the boat.

My friends still relate stories of the "big one" that got away on the way to the boat.

We must make a law that states that all big females (four ponds and up) must take our baits within ten feet of our boat or shore line.

By doing this, we will live longer as we will not have either heart attacks or nightmares after we hook one and then have the fight of a lifetime on our hands.

On the other hand....it is great to hook 'em and then fight them to the boat and around the boat and under the boat and by the trolling motor and then back around the boat as our nonboater sits on his fanny and says, "get your own darn net."   ;D

I don't have a boat. She was snagged 3 feet from shore. I just found a spot in between the fallen tree and threw it in there and wham. Funny thing though. I did pay for snagging her. I was so excited that I didn't watch my footing, stepped on mud and bam, I lost my footing and went in. But I still held on to the rod!! hahah

I wish I had a boat :) because there was another spot I wanted to hit right across where I was.

Nitro, I pm'ed you.

I got your pm. But if you ever wanna try to go out in a boat let me know I'm off alot due to my work schedule and I am ready to go all the time!!!