Sign in to follow this  
jeepcrazy

Shenandoah River, South Fork: Egypt Bend

Hey guys,

Anyone ever fish this area?  I went down yesterday and drove around for a bit and fished a few spots.  I only got one little dink on a topwater frog near the end of my day.

Any advice is certainly appreciated!  Once again I'm usually up for dragging someone along, have boat will fish.  :D

-JC

I've fished North of there on Page Valley Rd before, but not since last year. When I was there, I did well with light weight shaky heads. It seemed like lots of that area is pretty silty, which makes it better for the largemouth than smallmouth. Any place you find rocks, that's where the smallmouth will be. Last summer I saw loads of decent largemouth in fallen trees along the muddy banks.

Thanks Dan!

I had a shakey head tied on and I didn't try it.  Low on the confidence with that bait...never had any luck with it.  I'll keep trying!

Just a suggestion, football head shaky heads work great in the bedrock areas of the Shenandoah they get hung up much less than regular ball jigheads. The other thing that I have done well on in the Shenandoah is soft jerkbaits, but I do better with shaky heads.