Sign in to follow this  
JCrzy4Bass

Next Thursday, June 19 looking for a partner in NOVA

Hey guys, I don't have the boat nor will I have money for a rental on this day so I'm primarily looking to shore fish here in NOVA. Right now I got some ideas but I'm not sold on anything up to this point.

I would really like to do a lake in the area. Ideas I have are Lake Royal, Lake Mercer, and/or some ponds around my area. The lakes all have ample shore room without having to walk through a ton of grass if you don't want. I don't want to be tick infested with the amount we have out right now.

So if anyone wants to join me I'll probably pre fish a couple of these areas on my night next night (Monday) to see which I may be more interested in. If anyone has fished any of these spots (Mercer or Royal) lately and had any luck please let me know so I can better prepare to have a good day.

Jay,

I will go on your prefishing trip, let me know where and when.  I can't do the Thursday day thing, we have report cards to get out the door next week.

We've been catching some small LMB at L. Royal, mostly drop-shotting near the dam.  Caught a 2-lb'er today, and that is as big a bass as I've pulled from that lake this year.  Crappie are also to be had, my sons catch them w/ jigs.  I can't do it this week, but I'm 10 min. from Royal, maybe another time.  Also, avoid Accotink, I can't count the number of times we've been skunked there this year.

I'm going to have to disagree with Accotink. There's bass in there, you just have to know what to use and where to look! (Not that I do)

Thanks for the info on Royal Mud, I appreciate that. I am actually gonna fish Mercer (decided today after pre fishing it for a few hours). I managed five fish this morning in just four and a half hours or so. All were decent but only one that was well over keeper size at 1lb 4oz. I was catching them on a lot of different baits so I know I was just in the wrong location for the big fish today. I think I have an idea of where I have to be when I go on Thursday based off where I found fish today and how they were positioned. I put together some decent patterns in a short time and I'll have all day to fish with one of my buddies Thursday and pick them apart.

I may hit Royal on one of my nights next week to check it out since I haven't been in a while but I know Mercer holds big fish and I am due to catch one of them with the way I've been catching lately. If you wanna tag along or find a way, let me know. If not maybe we can hook up some other time at one of the other local lakes.

P:s: Accotink isn't known for big fish but there are some great spots on that lake where you can pull multiple fish off of a solo piece of cover. They really are much more present on the side of the lake by the dam. If you want more info on where to find them shot me a pm and I'll throw you some spots. I haven't caught anything over a lb and a half there but there are a lot of 10 - 12" fish to be had.

If anyone else wants to join me and Andy and catch some fish on Thursday shoot me a pm or let me know here and I can tell you where we will be meeting up. Report for yesterday is found on my blog (linked in profile) if anyone decides to join us and wants to getr an idea of baits, locations, so forth. Later guys.