Sign in to follow this  
bass slayr

Broward County ,Florida Canals

What are come good locations for large mouth/peacock bass in Broward county. I live in Lauderhill and am trying to find some good canals or lakes to take my son.

Pretty much any of the canals near you and south of you will hold peacocks. I grew up fishing in Margate, I think the c-46 canal. Coconut Creek. miami Airport area is smoking hot, they sometimes find their way up to Okeechobee but normally can't winter that far north. Get a canoe or small jonboat.

+1 on earthworms advice, I too have fished south Florida canals for years and the canals located up around Plantation, Margate, and throughout western Broward, they are loaded with Largemouth. Anywhere you have access will produce. I was fortunate enough to fish that area before it was developed, it was like a private heaven of bass fishing. If you have a boat there used to be a ramp my Margate city hall, that leads to all the local canals. if not its harder and harder to find bank fishing. One area is the canal between Griffin and Orange, Iv caught many of bass their from 441 west to the end. it offers plenty of bank access.  

Top water, Flukes the usual suspects.  

Looks good. I have noticed a few spots I'd like to try. I have tried sing some jigs, but haven't had a lot of bites. I see the fish (Peacocks mostly) but they aren't very aggressive. What about time of day and bait/lures that are key to success?

Time doesn't matter, right before these storms move in is a good time, they act like mini fronts, and the storm can turn on the bite.

Time doesn't matter, right before these storms move in is a good time, they act like mini fronts, and the storm can turn on the bite.

spot on gar. i love to fish before a storm, during the storm, and after. usually produces bigger fish as well.