Sign in to follow this  
knownfactor

spent my last time fishing VA @...

on the Shenandoah in front royal this evening, caught a 6 lb 4 oz cat my 3rd cast using shrimp.  i lost 3 hooks and 3 tungston weights, the current was pretty strong and the water was really warm and somewhat shallow.  was a good time.  didnt get a chance to go after any smallies though maybe sometime later in life....

Off to denver Co on monday tight lines peoples!

anyone know what type of catfish this is?

DSCN1181.sized.jpg

DSCN1183.sized.jpg

It feels like just yesterday when I first starting seeing you on the Southeast section! Sorry to hear you go but great to have had you here! Will you be coming back to visit? Good luck in Colorado and nice catfish! :)

It is a Channel Catfish. Nice catch... if you wanna catch a big one let me know I have some really good spot to hit on the Potomac where you can catch you a 20-30 lb.

anyone know what type of catfish this is?

A nice one! :)

Tough to tell from the coloration on the picture but it looks like a channel cat. This page on the DGIF site has some decent descriptions. http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/fish/

Good luck in CO. I'll help keep Beaverdam Creek honest for you. ;)

Haha please do, Superspook just left for Colorado also, he was the resident pro at that place for sure...

It feels like just yesterday when I first starting seeing you on the Southeast section! Sorry to hear you go but great to have had you here! Will you be coming back to visit? Good luck in Colorado and nice catfish! :)

haha yea it hasnt been very long, ill keep posting here im sure...

It is a Channel Catfish. Nice catch... if you wanna catch a big one let me know I have some really good spot to hit on the Potomac where you can catch you a 20-30 lb.

If i had more time!!!  :(