Sign in to follow this  
hjerk24

Good Bass Fishing Near Nags Head???

I am coming down for a family vacation August 9-16th, and was wondering if there was any good bass fishing inland...not too far?  If anyone was interested in hosting a day on the water, or knew a good place to get a guide, etc...that'd be great.  I Live in Boyertown, Pa- and could offer some type of guided (as if I were a guide) on the Potomac, or the Chesapeake (Upper Bay ) in return.  Thanks for reading..

Jamie

God Bless-

There is great bass ponds on Hatteras Island.....Pm if more info.

You want to PM Rob (flippin4it). He has some nice ponds down that he showed me down there with some good bass in them.

Another option is Lake Mattamuskeet. It is on the mainland and a little far from Nags Head and I don't really know much about it other than it is very large and shallow and it has some canals loaded with fallen timber, and is EXTREMELY secluded. I would go with the places Rob can show you, though. Ponds would be easier to figure out and much closer than Mattamuskeet.

Thanks for the info.  I don't have sea legs, and would like to do some fishing...so maybe I still can.  I was also going to try fishing fom one of the pier bridges....seems fun, and can still be a bit of a land lubber.  Why is it, I can roll up and down on a lake all day, put me in the ocean...and splam!!!!  

Thanks-

Jamie

The whole reason I bass fish on Hatteras Island is because I get "sea sick" really bad and this time of the year there are to many lil' ones running around. Read my old post and let me know. http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1214402101

Thanks- I hope to find a place a bit closer, and have been searching with google earth. It's hard because you can see ponds/lakes, but not the details too clearly around them. There seems to be a few nice bodies of water on Roanoke Island? Anyone ever fished there? Thanks for the replies.

Jamie

I know there's a very small pond across the street from the Orange Blossom bakery in Hatteras right near a baseball field I think. I haven't been down there in a while but I know we pulled some nice bass out of there