Sign in to follow this  
JCrzy4Bass

Nova guys free Monday (July 14)

Hey guys instead of using a new thread I just decided to modify this one.  I'm off Monday, three day weekend!  Woo Hoo!

I'm thinking of either smallie fishing down on the Rap at either Kelly's Ford and or Falls Hill Avenue.  If anyone is interested in doing either one of these or maybe hitting up Phelps WMA for wading as well let me know.  I plan to be out early.

Or if anyone is going out and has a free spot looking for a partner I'm available.  Let me know guys.  I'd be interested in pretty much anything as long as we get on some fish!!!

Sorry I couldn't go. If you had said Friday, I could have made it. I would try the Rapidan, though. It's a longer wade, but the fish are definitely bigger.

Hey Dan,

Tried out that spot you pointed out to me last year wading upstream.  Nice place.  A bit harder to navigate on your own as the bottom is a lot more rockier at least on the left hand shoreline.  But I managed a 3/4 mile trek in 3 hours or so.  I caught five.  The biggest was at or a little above my pb.  Went about 14" or so.  I tried to grab my camera but as I was holding the fish and grabbing it he wiggled off my treble (Rapala Minnow) and darted back under.  Caught two others around 10" and two dinks.  I also caught a 12" fallfish, a rock bass (about 7-8"_, and two redear sunfish.  All on the same lure.

I have a report on my blog site if you wanna check it out.  There is also a report on this weekends angling at Quantico.  I'll have pics posted tommorrow morning as my camera is in my car.

http://another sitereport.blogspot.com/

The reports will be available in the outings section in the morning as well once I have pics uploaded.  Later bud.

Hey Dan,

Tried out that spot you pointed out to me last year wading upstream.  Nice place.  A bit harder to navigate on your own as the bottom is a lot more rockier at least on the left hand shoreline.  But I managed a 3/4 mile trek in 3 hours or so.  I caught five.  The biggest was at or a little above my pb.  Went about 14" or so.  I tried to grab my camera but as I was holding the fish and grabbing it he wiggled off my treble (Rapala Minnow) and darted back under.  Caught two others around 10" and two dinks.  I also caught a 12" fallfish, a rock bass (about 7-8"_, and two redear sunfish.  All on the same lure.

I have a report on my blog site if you wanna check it out.  There is also a report on this weekends angling at Quantico.  I'll have pics posted tommorrow morning as my camera is in my car.

http://another sitereport.blogspot.com/

The reports will be available in the outings section in the morning as well once I have pics uploaded.  Later bud.

What part of Quantico are you fishing that has a tide?

Both Quantico Creek /Bay and Chopawamsic Creek/Bay are tidal waters.  Both have lots of pads and hydrilla in them.

Hey man sorry I was ejected to the edge of the earth.

Ok not quite, but Miami is close to the edge of the continent anyway.

Hope you had a great day fishin.

Hey Simon, we are going to meet at the same parking lot we did last time at the corner of falls hill ave and riverside dr. Then we are gonna hop in my car, drive down route three west and hit elys ford and wade the rapidan. I've been told there are some nicer sized fish in certain parts there and have some good general knowledge to start with.

If your still up for it pm me today and I'll give you a buzz after work and let you know details. It's myself and my buddy eric right now. I got room in my car for two more people including you if you pack light. I'm only bringing one pole and one small tackle. Let me know man. We are gonna meet early, like 6:15am at the lot and then try and get to elys by 6:45 or so. It's not too far a drive from there. Leave your number on the pm too.

I got room for one more if anyone else is interested in meeting up.